Friday, October 28, 2005

halloween !

Its a fest similar to Holi in India. Holi is different in the way that people colour each other's faces whereas in America they dress up like fairies, or crazy or something funny. Its also associated with carving some faces out of pumpkins and then light them with bulbs !
I was shocked rather surprised to see people with costumes of that kind on the state street of Madison!
I was kinda aware of halloween but not that its associated with funny costumes also ! And then at the state street seeing all the people in their funny and colourful costumes me and my friend felt odd men out and then we just returned home !
I simply don't have enthusiasm for such stuff! not that I dislike it or not appreciate it, but I am not for that. It does not come out of me naturally.
Its 5-6 years now since I have played holi too. Know thats not sport of me, but thats me....
Kudos to all the people who dressed well with their funny and well designed costumes and came out to state street.
Even Indian people participate in that equally when I saw Sunil dressed up similar to Indian "Yamraj ! " and others like withches, or ghosts, or fairies !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home